Wednesday 21 May 2008

Oh No! The TARDIS is Trapped in a Giggle Loop!

According to the Guardian, Russell T Davis has chosen to stand down from his job as lead writer and executive producer of Doctor Who. His replacement, when the show returns in 2010 or so (blimey that sounds like a long way off), will be Steven Moffat. This is, broadly, what I've been saying they should do for... well, more or less since the end of the Christopher Eccleston series. He's written the best episode every year, and Jekyll proved he can do multi-episode stories. Also I'm pretty sure I spied him on the "next time on Doctor Who Confidential", so watch out for a damn good two-parter coming up next.

Moffat said: "My entire career has been a secret plan to get this job. I applied before but I got knocked back because the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven.

"Anyway, I'm glad the BBC has finally seen the light, and it's a huge honour to be following Russell into the best - and the toughest - job in television."


Finally, people have chosen to listen to me. This has never happened before. I hope it goes well, or else I'll lose all my angry, shouty credibility.

If it does, perhaps other people will start doing what I tell them, and then we can all live in a blissful utopia where the trains work and faith schools don't exist.

We live in an exciting time.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

This is interesting.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16559

Especially the prospect of Neil Gaiman penning an episode. That has to be great.